Full Stack Software Engineer
At AgileMD, we are building the most advanced real-time predictive analytics and clinical algorithms platform for hospitals. Our cloud-based engine helps thousands of doctors and nurses around the country make medical decisions, so that every patient receives the highest quality and value of care based on the latest medical knowledge and data.
AgileMD is a uniquely challenging product. It has a powerful interface that communicates with the complex underbelly of hospital systems and provides a clean, robust platform that our modern tools are built on. These tools ingest, transform, and analyze large amounts of patient data in real time and make complex risk assessments and predictions within a matter of milliseconds of new data being made available. Finally, this data is presented to care providers via our integrations directly within their existing medical record systems and workflows. All of this is done across a distributed infrastructure that must provide high availability and adhere to the strictest security standards.
We’re looking for engineers who are excited by these challenges, who design well-thought out, highly-maintainable, well-tested code bases and know how to build one in a team-based setting. You’ll be joining a lean engineering team and stepping into a role with high expectations, broad flexibility and responsibility, and comprehensive support to help you succeed. Our product road map is full of opportunities to solve hard problems that truly touch and change the course of patient lives. We need a perpetual learner with an appetite for challenges to join our team.
What you’ll do
- Work at all levels of the stack, from AWS to Node and SQL, to React and CSS
- Take ownership and responsibility for building, shipping and maintaining core features, end to end.
- Design and architect complex systems, focusing not only on performance, scalability and security, but also on crafting a beautiful user experience.
Who you are
- You are an experienced software engineering generalist who cares deeply about code quality, maintainability and the end product.
- You have a deep knowledge of web technologies and large scale web application architecture
- Strong background in computer science (4+ years of experience)
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You’re excited about the problems we’re solving.
- Work with a team that you can rely on, that constantly challenges you and that gives the tools to succeed and the responsibility to prove that you can.
- $120,000 - $185,000, 0.25% - 0.5% equity (depending on experience and existing skills)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Paid time off (6 holidays plus as much vacation as you need; most people take three or four weeks per year)
- Maternity/paternity leave (10 weeks at 100% salary, 10 weeks at 50% salary)
- $500 per quarter for self-directed personal development (books, conference tickets, etc.)
- In-office team lunches, three days per week
- Enjoy life in beautiful Northern California
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!